Sunday, August 31, 2008

Damn Dumplings


I have made these same Sichuan shrimp and pork dumplings for the last 4 out of 5 Saturdays for McP. He goes through these food kicks where he will eat the same thing for 1-2 weeks everyday. Now since I make these, and he figures he'll never be able to do it the same, and they are time consumsing, he only begs for them on Saturdays. I suppose these are better for him then, say his fried Spam and Velveeta on Grandma Sycamore's white bread, the whitest doughy thick white bread in the world, its so thick and doughy that if you put peanut butter on it, you would choke to death. Or the beans and weenies, or cheese steaks, well I gotta give that to him, hes from Philly and can make one like no-ones business. The man just loves to eat.

So with the extra shrimp, I made some of these yummy wonderful shrimp toasts, except now McP discovered he loves these too, CRAP!



5 comments:

kittybbanter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridget said...

Sorry that was my deleted comment :) I am sorry to say that you will be having to make these again when I come in less than two weeks!!! YUM!! They look better that what I imagined in my head!

Sara said...

"fried Spam and Velveeta"

Velveeta-yes, Spam-no, yuck!

But, those pictures look really good!

Ka said...

Yummy. Those Dumplings look good. You'll have to make them for me too!

MARIANNE said...

Thanks Catherine for the nice comment about Jacob, he is a sweety! How have you been? Well it will be fun to keep in contact through our "blogs" there pretty fun, thanks Bridget for introducing me, just hope I can keep up with it like her.

Love, Marianne